Friday, September 30, 2016

Quick and Easy
 It has been too long. That shouldn't happen again any time soon...We had a whole lot of crazy going on. It hasn't ended, but I am at least able to play catch up now.
 Through the last 6 weeks or so I have had little time for creativity, and I am missing it! Here is a quick and easy project to get me started again...

 This project is great for when you only have a few minutes and you need a little color in your life.

I went to Michael's Arts and Crafts store. They had these packs of THANK YOU cards for $1.50. I don't usually buy ready made cards, but the paper looks like it could take watercolor so I thought I might try to embellish some.
I also found this set of fun CIRCLES and DOTS by Inkadinkado...on clearance! Love these!
I chose a rainbow of bright colored inks from my stash...
I cut a mask to cover the foiled words, and stamped to my heart's content!
Removed the mask, and VOILA! A brightened up Thank you card!

 Below are more examples...


A Wendi Vecchi background...
Some distress inks and water,
A double thickness of masking,
I put the card on the background. Where there were empty spots I tapped it on the background again until it was covered. I dabbed off the excess ink...
Removed the mask and here it is. Here is another one...

The possibilities are endless, so go have some fun with color!








No comments:

Post a Comment