Wednesday, August 10, 2016

First Post-Copycat

Hi! Welcome to Coloristherapy!

  I love color. I have always declared that Color is therapy! If there is a beautiful sunset, sunrise or rainbow I want to look at it until it fades.


 God's amazing creation screams out in the beauty of color. In New England, spring and summer give us such abundant variety of color, then we have such rich warm tones in fall that lead us to the diamonds in winter.  They in turn prepare us to appreciate the abundance of color that follows.


 We can not create as God has, but I believe He has put within us the desire to create. I have come to realize that for me, I have a part of me that just wants to splash color everywhere. As a mother/grandmother, there are limits to my time and supplies to do this, however. I have found that making cards fills my desire to be creative, and I can use a card to hopefully bless a recipient. My cards can be quick, or they can be elaborate and there are no rules. I make many mistakes, but perfection is not my goal.

 I recently made a list of prompts for myself to help get me started when I don't know where I want to begin making a card. I chose "COPYCAT" as my first prompt.

 I bought my daughter a shirt as you see above, and I thought it might make a cool card.

I cut out the heart using my Big Shot and my Sizzix Framelit Hearts Collection dies from Stampin' Up. I used a ruler and  pencil to mark the approximate direction I wanted the stripes to go on my heart.

Using a ruler and a set of Stabilo Fineliner markers, I made stripes as I felt inspired. I went back in some areas and added a thin grey stripe where I felt it belonged.

I then used a Wink of Stella clear pen over the whole heart to give it a little sparkle. I had waited until the heart was dry, but I found I needed to run the Wink of Stella brush along the stripes of color, then brush it slightly on a scrap to ensure the colors didn't bleed.

(I took these pictures before I decided to go ahead with this blog, so please forgive me that I don't have it all detailed.)
 I used foam dots to attach the heart to the card. I wanted a sentiment, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to make it the same grey as the card or to make it black. I cut both out and decided to go with the black. I used a fine tipped glue pen to glue the black over the grey, then gave it a good coating of Wink of Stella and glued it down. Gluing the two sentiments together gave it just a little more definition on the card.


I hope you get a chance to try it out! Maybe you can find some other item you want to copy and make a cool card from. Have fun!

 What have you copied? What would you like to copy? Leave a comment.

 Below are links to some of the items or similar items I used to create this card. I'll be figuring all this out as I go. If you want any specifics I haven't covered, please feel free to ask.







No comments:

Post a Comment